Pastor Gunnar has been serving as the Senior Pastor of Grace Point Church since May 2007. He had led the church through a wonderful restart and is now a thriving body of believers. He also serves as a law enforcment chaplain for the the Escondido Police Department.
He came to know Christ through a series of poor decisions while serving as a U.S. Navy SEAL in San Diego. After becoming a Christian, Gunnar’s love for the Scriptures blossomed, leading him into deeper study of the Bible which ultimately led him into the pastoral ministry after 12 years in the Navy.
Gunnar has been married to his lovely wife Anna since 2002. The Lord has blessed them with four beautiful children, Grace, Elizabeth, Gideon and Titus.
Gunnar has earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies and a Master’s of Divinity from Southern California Seminary. He has also completed doctoral work at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
gunnarhanson Senior Pastor of Valley Baptist Church.
- Hey KFMB let DIRECTV broadcast a local station! Why do you enable tweeting against them, but block comments on your website? #KeepCBS8 by gunnarhanson 512 days ago via Twitter for iPhone
- VBC believes in this completely. I'm am thankful for this! "Successful short-term missions must be a part of ... http://t.co/Ion6JqzhZq by gunnarhanson 725 days ago via Kindle
- Good word! "The reality is that I’m still a beginner as a pastor, in over my head at every level. I often feel... http://t.co/ZztNYP6h3r by gunnarhanson 740 days ago via Kindle
- "In addition to new birth, Jesus gives you new life: a life of joyful obedience and overflowing love.6 So whe... http://t.co/jyjFW26LdM by gunnarhanson 759 days ago via Kindle
- Clarity of the gospel is critical! "Unleashing radical people into the world requires the gospel as our founda... http://t.co/R9kfP13Mkq by gunnarhanson 759 days ago via Kindle